Former Arsenal and Swansea star heading out of Clarence Park
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City manager Harry Wheeler has revealed that former Arsenal player Jernade Meade has left Clarence Park.
Meade has missed the last couple of games and Wheeler admitted that his time with City was at an end.
He said: “Jernade has been offered a professional contract in Sweden. We did everything as a club to tie him to a contract here.
“Jernade was up for it but his agent was worried we may have held him back if he was offered something.
“And of course we wouldn’t. The letter was agreed to say if anyone came in we wouldn’t hold him back and he was going to sign it last week. But the Swedes came in at the weekend.
“He’s a good player and we would have liked to have had him around but Jernade with his pedigree was always hungry to go on and you can’t hold someone back.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival