Former Arsenal and Swansea star heading out of Clarence Park
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City manager Harry Wheeler has revealed that former Arsenal player Jernade Meade has left Clarence Park.
Meade has missed the last couple of games and Wheeler admitted that his time with City was at an end.
He said: “Jernade has been offered a professional contract in Sweden. We did everything as a club to tie him to a contract here.
“Jernade was up for it but his agent was worried we may have held him back if he was offered something.
“And of course we wouldn’t. The letter was agreed to say if anyone came in we wouldn’t hold him back and he was going to sign it last week. But the Swedes came in at the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s a good player and we would have liked to have had him around but Jernade with his pedigree was always hungry to go on and you can’t hold someone back.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Coursers Road, London Colney: Trailer flips over
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development