Former Arsenal and Swansea star heading out of Clarence Park
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City manager Harry Wheeler has revealed that former Arsenal player Jernade Meade has left Clarence Park.
Meade has missed the last couple of games and Wheeler admitted that his time with City was at an end.
He said: “Jernade has been offered a professional contract in Sweden. We did everything as a club to tie him to a contract here.
“Jernade was up for it but his agent was worried we may have held him back if he was offered something.
“And of course we wouldn’t. The letter was agreed to say if anyone came in we wouldn’t hold him back and he was going to sign it last week. But the Swedes came in at the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s a good player and we would have liked to have had him around but Jernade with his pedigree was always hungry to go on and you can’t hold someone back.”
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land