Football success keeps on coming for Fleetville School with another Wix Cup triumph
- Credit: Archant
Fleetville School’s success on the football pitch shows no signs of slowing up as their boys’ A team secured the Wix County Cup – their fourth win in three years.
Played at Colney Heath FC, the school battled through a group stage, gaining a draw with St Mary’s before beating St Edmund’s.
That set-up a semi-final with St Ippolyts and a 1-0 win took them to the final where Royston-based Greneway School waited.
And the final lived up to the occasion as the sides slugged it out to a 2-2 draw.
It meant a penalty shoot-out was needed and Jayan Pisharody, who scored both goals in normal time, Tom Bladen and Bertie Postema were all on target from the spot.
You may also want to watch:
But it was a great save from Ben Soll which finally secured the victory.
Fleetville: Ben Soll, Joshua Toop, Oscar Noble (C), Tom Bladen, Harris Young, Bertie Postema, Jayan Pisharody, Oli Jay, Lucas Berry, Sam Estell
- 1 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
- 2 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 3 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 4 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 5 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 6 Property Spotlight: A fine fixer-upper close to popular St Albans schools
- 7 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 8 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 9 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 10 Clean sheet for Centurions in Colosseum clash