Football success keeps on coming for Fleetville School with another Wix Cup triumph
- Credit: Archant
Fleetville School’s success on the football pitch shows no signs of slowing up as their boys’ A team secured the Wix County Cup – their fourth win in three years.
Played at Colney Heath FC, the school battled through a group stage, gaining a draw with St Mary’s before beating St Edmund’s.
That set-up a semi-final with St Ippolyts and a 1-0 win took them to the final where Royston-based Greneway School waited.
And the final lived up to the occasion as the sides slugged it out to a 2-2 draw.
It meant a penalty shoot-out was needed and Jayan Pisharody, who scored both goals in normal time, Tom Bladen and Bertie Postema were all on target from the spot.
You may also want to watch:
But it was a great save from Ben Soll which finally secured the victory.
Fleetville: Ben Soll, Joshua Toop, Oscar Noble (C), Tom Bladen, Harris Young, Bertie Postema, Jayan Pisharody, Oli Jay, Lucas Berry, Sam Estell
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Shortages crisis hits district
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25