Football round-up: Harpenden Town end mixed week with win over Aylesbury
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town had a mixed week but finished it with a positive result as they beat Aylesbury Vale Dynamos 1-0.
Nathan McGreevey got the only goal as they banished the memories of Saturday's 1-0 reverse at Broadfields United.
The results leave Town fifth in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.
There was no silver lining though for London Colney as they went down to two home defeats, the first a 2-1 loss to Harefield United.
The second was to Newport Pagnell Town, the Blue Boys losing 3-1 this time.
They go to Crawley Green on Saturday while Harpenden are back at Rothamsted Park against Leverstock Green.
Sandridge Rovers took a break from their storming start in the Herts Senior County League Premier Division to produce a storming start in the Aubrey Cup.
- 1 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 2 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 3 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 6 Village prepares for return of Scarecrow Festival after three years
- 7 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 8 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 9 'Summer holiday blues? Why I'm gloating about being child-free'
- 10 Meet Hertfordshire's Birmingham 2022 medal winners
Lewis Kuster and Shane Reid both scored two in a 5-1 win at Mill End Sports, with Jason Beck getting the fifth.
Rovers sit top with five wins from six games.