Football round-up: Harpenden Town end mixed week with win over Aylesbury
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town had a mixed week but finished it with a positive result as they beat Aylesbury Vale Dynamos 1-0.
Nathan McGreevey got the only goal as they banished the memories of Saturday's 1-0 reverse at Broadfields United.
The results leave Town fifth in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.
There was no silver lining though for London Colney as they went down to two home defeats, the first a 2-1 loss to Harefield United.
The second was to Newport Pagnell Town, the Blue Boys losing 3-1 this time.
They go to Crawley Green on Saturday while Harpenden are back at Rothamsted Park against Leverstock Green.
Sandridge Rovers took a break from their storming start in the Herts Senior County League Premier Division to produce a storming start in the Aubrey Cup.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 5 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 8 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 9 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
Lewis Kuster and Shane Reid both scored two in a 5-1 win at Mill End Sports, with Jason Beck getting the fifth.
Rovers sit top with five wins from six games.