Football round-up: Harpenden Town end mixed week with win over Aylesbury
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town had a mixed week but finished it with a positive result as they beat Aylesbury Vale Dynamos 1-0.
Nathan McGreevey got the only goal as they banished the memories of Saturday's 1-0 reverse at Broadfields United.
The results leave Town fifth in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.
There was no silver lining though for London Colney as they went down to two home defeats, the first a 2-1 loss to Harefield United.
The second was to Newport Pagnell Town, the Blue Boys losing 3-1 this time.
You may also want to watch:
They go to Crawley Green on Saturday while Harpenden are back at Rothamsted Park against Leverstock Green.
Sandridge Rovers took a break from their storming start in the Herts Senior County League Premier Division to produce a storming start in the Aubrey Cup.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 6 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 7 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 8 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
Lewis Kuster and Shane Reid both scored two in a 5-1 win at Mill End Sports, with Jason Beck getting the fifth.
Rovers sit top with five wins from six games.