Football round-up: Harpenden Town end mixed week with win over Aylesbury
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town had a mixed week but finished it with a positive result as they beat Aylesbury Vale Dynamos 1-0.
Nathan McGreevey got the only goal as they banished the memories of Saturday's 1-0 reverse at Broadfields United.
The results leave Town fifth in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.
There was no silver lining though for London Colney as they went down to two home defeats, the first a 2-1 loss to Harefield United.
The second was to Newport Pagnell Town, the Blue Boys losing 3-1 this time.
You may also want to watch:
They go to Crawley Green on Saturday while Harpenden are back at Rothamsted Park against Leverstock Green.
Sandridge Rovers took a break from their storming start in the Herts Senior County League Premier Division to produce a storming start in the Aubrey Cup.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
Lewis Kuster and Shane Reid both scored two in a 5-1 win at Mill End Sports, with Jason Beck getting the fifth.
Rovers sit top with five wins from six games.