Fleming and Mackenzie charge through the field
Niall Fleming and Euan Mackenzie powered through the field to lead the Hertfordshire challenge in the Under 17s. Niall, from St Columba s College, was the first athlete home in the 6k Under 17s for Herts with a time of 21.41, in 49th position overall. Eua
Niall Fleming and Euan Mackenzie powered through the field to lead the Hertfordshire challenge in the Under 17s.
Niall, from St Columba's College, was the first athlete home in the 6k Under 17s for Herts with a time of 21.41, in 49th position overall. Euan, from St Albans School, finished 67th with 21.56 and coach George Harrison, who coaches the duo at Shaftesbury Barnet Harriers, is looking for big things from the pair. He said: "They had to make their way through the field and were first and second home for Herts. They will improve a lot and be a force for Shaftesbury Barnet Harriers and for Hertfordshire."
Richard Priseman finished in 129th position with a time of 22.34.
In the Senior Men's 12k race, Paul Adams was the second Hertfordshire athlete home in 101st place with a time of 41.15, helping the county to 13th in the team race. Geoffrey Ewen, of St Albans School, finished 172nd in the Under 20s Men's 8k race with a time of 32.01.
You may also want to watch:
Elliot Poulain was the second athlete from Herts to finish in the Under 15s Boys in 105th with a time of 16.29. Herts Phoenix athlete Vasudev Zaver finished in 113th place in 16.33 and Herts took 21st place in the team race.
In the Under 13s Boys' 3k race, Herts took 23rd place out of 40 teams with James McMurray the first from the county to finish in a time of 12.50 for 42nd overall. Oliver Poulain finished second county athlete in 79th with 13.19 and Chris Hilton was the fourth athlete from Herts with 13.42 in 139th spot.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 10 Columban Cycling Club take on 'The Italian Job' for Home-Start Herts
l Several Herts Phoenix athletes were selected to represent Hertfordshire in the Inter Counties Championships held at Wollaton Park, Nottingham last Saturday on a dull, windy day but with dry conditions underfoot over the undulating and testing courses.
Guest athlete Elizabeth Brathwaite finished 49th (30.34) in the senior women's race and in the Under 15s boys, Edward Shepherd (82nd in 16.16) and Tom Barfoot (106th in 16.31) joined Vasudev Zaver in contributing to the Herts team.
Other Phoenix results - Under 15 Girls: 248th Charlotte Cattle (18:28). Under 13s girls: 115th Mary Gough (14:47), 116th Jade Denham (14:47), 137th Lizzie Bird (14:55), 144th Ella Lloyd (14:57). Junior Men: 133rd Harry Gilham (30:27), 149th Peter Townsend (30:52). Under 17s Men: 212th Louis Walshe (23:41).