Flamstead win leaves Darren Gough in a spin
IN the Twenty 20 Coronation Cup, Flamstead progressed to the second round as they beat a Drayton Parslow outfit featuring former England bowler Darren Gough by seven wickets on Friday, May 23. With 15 eight ball overs instead of the usual 20 overs,
IN the Twenty 20 Coronation Cup, Flamstead progressed to the second round as they beat a Drayton Parslow outfit featuring former England bowler Darren Gough by seven wickets on Friday, May 23.
With 15 eight ball overs instead of the usual 20 overs, Flamstead won the toss and inserted the opposition. Tim Wilkinson took 3-9 in his opening three overs, including a maiden and the fielding was superb for Flamstead with David Oswin taking a fantastic catch at deep mid wicket.
Yorkshire skipper Gough was out for 12 when hitting Ali Cook (3-48) to deep long off where Matt Brown took another excellent catch. Yates (60 not out) guided the home team to 128-8 off their 15 overs.
In reply, Flamstead openers David Watson (13) and David Oswin made steady progress until Watson was bowled by a full toss. Matt Brown (31) struck a four and a six off his first two balls before Gough removed him with a quicker ball.
You may also want to watch:
Daniel Russell (18) and David Oswin (49 not out) kept Flamstead up with the clock before Russell was run out. Flamstead won with an over to spare as Sam Bray, aged 15, hit Gough over mid wicket for four to spark celebrations to crown a memorable evening. Flamstead finished on 129-3 off 14 overs.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 8 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park