Flamstead too good for Saints
Saracens Herts League Division Seven Flamstead 241-8 beat St Albans III 177 by 64 runs FLAMSTEAD returned to winning ways against St Albans III. Flamstead skipper Andy Taylor won the toss and decided to bat but lost Ben Brownlie (three) with only 22 on th
Saracens Herts League Division Seven
Flamstead 241-8 beat St Albans III 177 by 64 runs
FLAMSTEAD returned to winning ways against St Albans III.
Flamstead skipper Andy Taylor won the toss and decided to bat but lost Ben Brownlie (three) with only 22 on the board.
You may also want to watch:
Gordon Banks (two) soon followed and when skipper Taylor was out lbw for 27 Flamstead were struggling on 54-3.
An excellent 92 run partnership between Matt Brown and David Oswin (five) steadied the ship with Brown going on to hit 21 fours and two sixes on his way to a superb 105. Martin Lindley (35) and Twiggy Rogers (24) all helped the score along before they declared on 241-8 after 51 overs.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 6 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 7 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 8 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
St Albans lost two wickets with the score on 22 before Black (47) and Griffin (27) produced a stand of 72, but Griffin was caught by Rogers off the bowling of Martin Lindley who then bowled Goddard for a duck.
Jack Smith claimed a wicket and Rogers picked up two as Flamstead sealed the win.
Skipper Taylor said: "If we can put together a run of wins together we can put some pressure on the other teams at the top of the table."
Flamstead visit Northwood Town next week in a crucial game with the home side only two points ahead of Flamstead, who currently sit in fifth place.