Flamstead rolled over by Old Choms
Saracens Herts League Division Seven Old Cholmeleians 307-3 (47.0) Flamstead 107-10 (27.1) FLAMSTEAD suffered one of their heaviest ever league defeats as they fell at Old Cholmeleians in Division Seven on Saturday.
Saracens Herts League Division Seven
Old Cholmeleians 307-3 (47.0) Flamstead 107-10 (27.1)
FLAMSTEAD suffered one of their heaviest ever league defeats as they fell at Old Cholmeleians in Division Seven on Saturday.
With seven first team players unavailable, including skipper Andy Taylor with a broken finger, Flamstead were made to pay after winning the toss and inserting the hosts.
You may also want to watch:
Opener Whybrow, the top batsman in Division Seven in 2007 with a near 70 average, hit 51 and Malik (68) and Jaleel (113) allowed OCs to declare after 47 overs with 307-3 on the board.
Flamstead's reply faltered as they collapsed to 41-6 with Sam Khalique striking out 5-7. Stephen Wright (37 not out) guided Flamstead to the 100 mark but they fell all out on 107. Watching skipper Taylor was disappointed. He said: "We did not do the basics right and must get back into form next week." Flamstead host Kings Langley II on Saturday with a 1.30pm start at Friendless Lane.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Shortages crisis hits district
- 10 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin