Flamstead rolled over by Old Choms
Saracens Herts League Division Seven Old Cholmeleians 307-3 (47.0) Flamstead 107-10 (27.1) FLAMSTEAD suffered one of their heaviest ever league defeats as they fell at Old Cholmeleians in Division Seven on Saturday.
Saracens Herts League Division Seven
Old Cholmeleians 307-3 (47.0) Flamstead 107-10 (27.1)
FLAMSTEAD suffered one of their heaviest ever league defeats as they fell at Old Cholmeleians in Division Seven on Saturday.
With seven first team players unavailable, including skipper Andy Taylor with a broken finger, Flamstead were made to pay after winning the toss and inserting the hosts.
You may also want to watch:
Opener Whybrow, the top batsman in Division Seven in 2007 with a near 70 average, hit 51 and Malik (68) and Jaleel (113) allowed OCs to declare after 47 overs with 307-3 on the board.
Flamstead's reply faltered as they collapsed to 41-6 with Sam Khalique striking out 5-7. Stephen Wright (37 not out) guided Flamstead to the 100 mark but they fell all out on 107. Watching skipper Taylor was disappointed. He said: "We did not do the basics right and must get back into form next week." Flamstead host Kings Langley II on Saturday with a 1.30pm start at Friendless Lane.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 3 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans