Flamstead left frustrated
SHL Division Flamstead 215-7 drew with Waltham X Rosedale II 142-7 FLAMSTEAD dropped back to second in the table after a frustrating afternoon against Waltham Cross Rosedale II. Flamstead picked up 17 points from the draw which means they are now two poin
Flamstead 215-7 drew with Waltham X Rosedale II 142-7
FLAMSTEAD dropped back to second in the table after a frustrating afternoon against Waltham Cross Rosedale II. Flamstead picked up 17 points from the draw which means they are now two points behind Watford Town II who won.
Skipper Andy Taylor lost the toss and Flamstead were asked to bat first. Taylor and David Watson put on 83 in 28 overs before Taylor fell and he was shortly followed by Watson (58).
You may also want to watch:
Gordon Banks and Matt Brown continued the good rate putting on 89 in 18 overs with an incredible 34 coming in singles.
Banks went first for 39 followed one run later by Brown (49) but good batting from Martin Lindley (16) got Flamstead to 215-7.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
Waltham X's reply started ferociously but they struggled against chairman Tim Wilkinson, who took the first three wickets, all clean bowled, to leave them on 70-3.
This soon became 112-7 as young spinner Jack Smith took 3-5 thanks to some fine catching from Gordon Banks and two from Jamie Gibson.
However Waltham X's captain J. Patel (6no) came to the crease and with opener L. Patel (62no) and they saw their team through for a draw.
Wilkinson was the pick of the bowlers ending with 18-10-32-3.
Skipper Taylor said afterwards: "Having ben inserted I thought that Waltham X would have more of a go at chasing the target but they appeared to be happy to deny us victory rather than go for more batting points.