Flamstead left frustrated
SHL Division Flamstead 215-7 drew with Waltham X Rosedale II 142-7 FLAMSTEAD dropped back to second in the table after a frustrating afternoon against Waltham Cross Rosedale II. Flamstead picked up 17 points from the draw which means they are now two poin
Flamstead 215-7 drew with Waltham X Rosedale II 142-7
FLAMSTEAD dropped back to second in the table after a frustrating afternoon against Waltham Cross Rosedale II. Flamstead picked up 17 points from the draw which means they are now two points behind Watford Town II who won.
Skipper Andy Taylor lost the toss and Flamstead were asked to bat first. Taylor and David Watson put on 83 in 28 overs before Taylor fell and he was shortly followed by Watson (58).
Gordon Banks and Matt Brown continued the good rate putting on 89 in 18 overs with an incredible 34 coming in singles.
Banks went first for 39 followed one run later by Brown (49) but good batting from Martin Lindley (16) got Flamstead to 215-7.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 5 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 6 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 7 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
- 8 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 9 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
Waltham X's reply started ferociously but they struggled against chairman Tim Wilkinson, who took the first three wickets, all clean bowled, to leave them on 70-3.
This soon became 112-7 as young spinner Jack Smith took 3-5 thanks to some fine catching from Gordon Banks and two from Jamie Gibson.
However Waltham X's captain J. Patel (6no) came to the crease and with opener L. Patel (62no) and they saw their team through for a draw.
Wilkinson was the pick of the bowlers ending with 18-10-32-3.
Skipper Taylor said afterwards: "Having ben inserted I thought that Waltham X would have more of a go at chasing the target but they appeared to be happy to deny us victory rather than go for more batting points.