Flamstead left frustrated
SHL Division Flamstead 215-7 drew with Waltham X Rosedale II 142-7 FLAMSTEAD dropped back to second in the table after a frustrating afternoon against Waltham Cross Rosedale II. Flamstead picked up 17 points from the draw which means they are now two poin
Flamstead 215-7 drew with Waltham X Rosedale II 142-7
FLAMSTEAD dropped back to second in the table after a frustrating afternoon against Waltham Cross Rosedale II. Flamstead picked up 17 points from the draw which means they are now two points behind Watford Town II who won.
Skipper Andy Taylor lost the toss and Flamstead were asked to bat first. Taylor and David Watson put on 83 in 28 overs before Taylor fell and he was shortly followed by Watson (58).
You may also want to watch:
Gordon Banks and Matt Brown continued the good rate putting on 89 in 18 overs with an incredible 34 coming in singles.
Banks went first for 39 followed one run later by Brown (49) but good batting from Martin Lindley (16) got Flamstead to 215-7.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
Waltham X's reply started ferociously but they struggled against chairman Tim Wilkinson, who took the first three wickets, all clean bowled, to leave them on 70-3.
This soon became 112-7 as young spinner Jack Smith took 3-5 thanks to some fine catching from Gordon Banks and two from Jamie Gibson.
However Waltham X's captain J. Patel (6no) came to the crease and with opener L. Patel (62no) and they saw their team through for a draw.
Wilkinson was the pick of the bowlers ending with 18-10-32-3.
Skipper Taylor said afterwards: "Having ben inserted I thought that Waltham X would have more of a go at chasing the target but they appeared to be happy to deny us victory rather than go for more batting points.