Fixtures release whets the appetite with an early derby for Verulamians and St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Verulamians’ first season in London North West Three will begin with a road trip following the release of the London NOrth West Three fixtures for 2017/18.
The Cotlandswick-based rugby club will go to Datchworth on September 9 following their trophy-laden season last time out.
But fans will already be licking their lips at the thought of their first home game a week later, when St Albans made the short hop over the A414.
That is one of a number of derbies for both teams with Stevenage Town, Welwyn, Cheshunt and Hitchin also in the division.
The return fixture comes on December 16, the final game before Christmas, when Vees go to Boggymead.
St Albans will start their season at home to Cheshunt.
They will face Welwyn on September 23 at home before heading to Hobbs Way on January 6.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 5 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 6 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 7 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
- 8 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 9 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
Vees face Welwyn at home on November 11 with the away trip on March 10.