Five wickets and 75 runs for match-winner Camm
Dave Camm was the star of the show as Sandridge 2nds beat their counterparts from London Colney.
Camm took five wickets as Colney were bowled out for under 160 before steering his side to victory with an unbeaten 75.
Despite another downpour on the morning of the game, and the match being reduced to 84 overs, skipper Dave Muskett asked Colney to bat first.
The openers made a solid start, putting on 39 for the first wicket, before Camm struck with a smart caught and bowled. He continued to test the Colney batsman with his nagging line and length and was rewarded with a further four wickets.
Only middle order bat Dave Adams (47*) offered any real resistance to the Sandridge bowling and fielding, as London Colney were bowled out for 154.
You may also want to watch:
Camm (5-53) led the attack with consisted Graham Perrin (3-50) and Dave Muskett (2-14).
In reply, Sandridge openers Camm and Matt Scott found their form and put on an enterprising 65 for the first wicket before the latter departed for 23.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Charity founder cancels Channel swim after suffering long Covid
Jack Shephard followed soon after with the score at 81, but then in-form Amit Perab (39*) joined Camm at the crease and put on an unbeaten 77 partnership to complete an eight-wicket victory.