Five-star St Albans Ladies finish title-winning league season unbeaten
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Ladies finished their title-winning Beds & Herts Women’s Football League Division One season unbeaten with a 5-1 home win over Sharnbrook Ladies.
It was the second half where St Albans did the damage, in a match that had been moved due to a waterlogged pitch at Sharnbrook.
Kayla Johnson got the only goal of the first half, scoring after just four minutes from Kerry Twigg’s pass, but Ellie Lovelock opened the floodgates in the second half, finally getting the Lady Saints’ second on 57 minutes.
She also bagged the third, latching on to Ellen Salter’s neat inside pass, and she made it a 10-minute hat-trick following up after Suzanne Reed’s shot had bounced back off the post.
Hoffi Pursey pulled one back for the visitors but Saints restored their four-goal lead through Salter, with the goal of the game.
You may also want to watch:
They finish the year with the League cup final against AFC Kempston on May 13, played at Northwood Ladies.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land