Five-star St Albans Ladies finish title-winning league season unbeaten
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Ladies finished their title-winning Beds & Herts Women’s Football League Division One season unbeaten with a 5-1 home win over Sharnbrook Ladies.
It was the second half where St Albans did the damage, in a match that had been moved due to a waterlogged pitch at Sharnbrook.
Kayla Johnson got the only goal of the first half, scoring after just four minutes from Kerry Twigg’s pass, but Ellie Lovelock opened the floodgates in the second half, finally getting the Lady Saints’ second on 57 minutes.
She also bagged the third, latching on to Ellen Salter’s neat inside pass, and she made it a 10-minute hat-trick following up after Suzanne Reed’s shot had bounced back off the post.
Hoffi Pursey pulled one back for the visitors but Saints restored their four-goal lead through Salter, with the goal of the game.
You may also want to watch:
They finish the year with the League cup final against AFC Kempston on May 13, played at Northwood Ladies.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital