Five star Saints ease woes
Herts Senior County Division One Bedwell Rangers 1 St Peter s 5 ST PETER S tasted success for the first time in over four months when they came away from their visit to Bedwell Rangers with a 5-1 victory. The Saints included three new signings, following
Herts Senior County Division One
Bedwell Rangers 1 St Peter's 5
ST PETER'S tasted success for the first time in over four months when they came away from their visit to Bedwell Rangers with a 5-1 victory.
The Saints included three new signings, following the departure of numerous playing members during the past month, and they all contributed to the success on the day.
You may also want to watch:
On a very poor playing surface, good controlled football was out of the question as the Saints went about their task with simplicity, testing out a poor Bedwell defence early on.
An early goal from Liam Crouch set the Saints on their way and their lead was soon doubled.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
Ben Ryan's good through ball found new boy Jual Ali and although his effort was blocked another new boy Leon Simpson was on hand to turn the ball home.
The lead was increased before the interval when Bedwell failed to deal with a bouncing ball and John Njenga fired home.
The Saints became sloppy after the break conceding a penalty that was duly converted but Liam Crouch got them back on track scoring twice more to complete his hat trick.
The Saints face a tough test next weekend when Hitchin Town Arena come to Lemsford (k.o. 3pm).
St Peter's: Caruana; Chapman (Edghill), Griffin, Hamzaoui, Ryan; Njenga, Simpson, Blyth, Ali (Shea); Bradshaw, Coruch. Sub not used: T.Gauthier.