Five star City U16s beat Cheshunt; progress in the County Cup
St Albans City U16s have a solid platform to build on after keeping their first clean sheet of the season in a win over Cheshunt.
First-half goals from Akim Akinbinu and Tommy Dolan set City on their way before three in the second period from Alex Howard, Callum Clifford an Tommy Dolan finished the job.
City were indebted to goalkeeper Felix Hull, who pulled off a number of saves in the 5-0 win.
The young Saints also booked a spot in the next round of the County Cup with a 3-2 win over Wormley.
A well taken goal by Alex Levy following a sprint from the halfway line to meet a great cross from Tommy Dolan started the scoring before Charlie Ward converted a penalty after Callum Clifford was hauled down in the box.
You may also want to watch:
A nice left foot strike from Alex Howard seemed to finish the tie but a lack of concentration let Wormley back into the game with two quick goals setting up a nervous finale but City held on.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works