Five star City U16s beat Cheshunt; progress in the County Cup
St Albans City U16s have a solid platform to build on after keeping their first clean sheet of the season in a win over Cheshunt.
First-half goals from Akim Akinbinu and Tommy Dolan set City on their way before three in the second period from Alex Howard, Callum Clifford an Tommy Dolan finished the job.
City were indebted to goalkeeper Felix Hull, who pulled off a number of saves in the 5-0 win.
The young Saints also booked a spot in the next round of the County Cup with a 3-2 win over Wormley.
A well taken goal by Alex Levy following a sprint from the halfway line to meet a great cross from Tommy Dolan started the scoring before Charlie Ward converted a penalty after Callum Clifford was hauled down in the box.
You may also want to watch:
A nice left foot strike from Alex Howard seemed to finish the tie but a lack of concentration let Wormley back into the game with two quick goals setting up a nervous finale but City held on.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city