Five star City U16s beat Cheshunt; progress in the County Cup
St Albans City U16s have a solid platform to build on after keeping their first clean sheet of the season in a win over Cheshunt.
First-half goals from Akim Akinbinu and Tommy Dolan set City on their way before three in the second period from Alex Howard, Callum Clifford an Tommy Dolan finished the job.
City were indebted to goalkeeper Felix Hull, who pulled off a number of saves in the 5-0 win.
The young Saints also booked a spot in the next round of the County Cup with a 3-2 win over Wormley.
A well taken goal by Alex Levy following a sprint from the halfway line to meet a great cross from Tommy Dolan started the scoring before Charlie Ward converted a penalty after Callum Clifford was hauled down in the box.
A nice left foot strike from Alex Howard seemed to finish the tie but a lack of concentration let Wormley back into the game with two quick goals setting up a nervous finale but City held on.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 8 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 9 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival