Five star City
Flitwick hit for five by City Ladies
Beds & Herts Women’s League
St Albans City Ladies 5
Flitwick Eagles 3
ST ALBANS City Ladies picked up their first three points of the season with a 5-3 win over Flitwick Eagles.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors pounced on an early mistake to open the scoring but City equalised when Steph Belcher converted a penalty after Kate Clarke had been fouled in the box.
City took the lead for the first time in the contest when Claire Brown was sent clear and calmly slotted home.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
It soon became 3-1 when Belcher picked out Lucy Hancock to head home.
Flitwick pulled a goal back but City soon restored their two goal cushion when Clarke nipped in to flick the ball past the ‘keeper.
City had to wait until deep into the second half for their fifth courtesy of an audacious 35-yard effort from Kylie Wren.
A late Flitwick goal proved little more than a consolation as City wrapped up the three points.
City squad: Hilton, Kropman, Sherlow, Warren, Tape, Brown, Hancock, Belcher, Clarke, Stanbridge, Hutton, Harbron, McGinness, Connolly, Slade, Wren.