Five star City
Flitwick hit for five by City Ladies
Beds & Herts Women’s League
St Albans City Ladies 5
Flitwick Eagles 3
ST ALBANS City Ladies picked up their first three points of the season with a 5-3 win over Flitwick Eagles.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors pounced on an early mistake to open the scoring but City equalised when Steph Belcher converted a penalty after Kate Clarke had been fouled in the box.
City took the lead for the first time in the contest when Claire Brown was sent clear and calmly slotted home.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
It soon became 3-1 when Belcher picked out Lucy Hancock to head home.
Flitwick pulled a goal back but City soon restored their two goal cushion when Clarke nipped in to flick the ball past the ‘keeper.
City had to wait until deep into the second half for their fifth courtesy of an audacious 35-yard effort from Kylie Wren.
A late Flitwick goal proved little more than a consolation as City wrapped up the three points.
City squad: Hilton, Kropman, Sherlow, Warren, Tape, Brown, Hancock, Belcher, Clarke, Stanbridge, Hutton, Harbron, McGinness, Connolly, Slade, Wren.