Five star City
Flitwick hit for five by City Ladies
Beds & Herts Women’s League
St Albans City Ladies 5
Flitwick Eagles 3
ST ALBANS City Ladies picked up their first three points of the season with a 5-3 win over Flitwick Eagles.
The visitors pounced on an early mistake to open the scoring but City equalised when Steph Belcher converted a penalty after Kate Clarke had been fouled in the box.
City took the lead for the first time in the contest when Claire Brown was sent clear and calmly slotted home.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
It soon became 3-1 when Belcher picked out Lucy Hancock to head home.
Flitwick pulled a goal back but City soon restored their two goal cushion when Clarke nipped in to flick the ball past the ‘keeper.
City had to wait until deep into the second half for their fifth courtesy of an audacious 35-yard effort from Kylie Wren.
A late Flitwick goal proved little more than a consolation as City wrapped up the three points.
City squad: Hilton, Kropman, Sherlow, Warren, Tape, Brown, Hancock, Belcher, Clarke, Stanbridge, Hutton, Harbron, McGinness, Connolly, Slade, Wren.