Five star Blueboys progress in league cup
SSML Division One Cup quarter-final London Colney 5 Kings Langley 1 A DAZZLING second half performance from London Colney saw them advance into the semi-finals of the Division One Cup after disposing of Kings Langley 5-1. Kenny Hull set the Blueboys on th
SSML Division One Cup quarter-final
London Colney 5 Kings Langley 1
A DAZZLING second half performance from London Colney saw them advance into the semi-finals of the Division One Cup after disposing of Kings Langley 5-1.
Kenny Hull set the Blueboys on their way after just seven minutes slotting home after Frankie Jowle's free kick had come back off the post.
You may also want to watch:
Jowle then fired wide with just Langley 'keeper Ross Channer to beat and the Blueboys felt they should've had a penalty when Jowle was hauled down in the box.
The visitor's first attack saw Nathan Pooley force Mark Whittamore into action but the Colney stopper was equal to the effort.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
The Blueboys goalkeeper was also forced into a super one handed save to deny Lee Toomey.
The Blueboys were denied another penalty when David Parkinson went down in the box.
The second half was only five minutes old when Parkinson latched onto a fine pass from Russell Gallagher and sent a well placed shot past Channer.
Colney had a goal disallowed for handball after Channer had fumbled but the goalkeeper atoned with a fine save to push Jowle's fierce shot around the post.
Parkinson added his second in the 68th minute after exchanging passes with Gallagher before racing clear and slotting home.
Parkinson then turned provider setting up Gallagher to crash home a rising shot from 12 yards to make it 4-0.
The Blueboys were finally awarded a penalty on the stroke of full time when Danslow was tripped and Parkinson stepped up to wrap up his hat trick.
Kings Langley scored a consolation goal in injury time when Matty Clements fired home off the underside of the bar.
London Colney: Whittamore; Hull, Corran, Murphy, Paradise, Dickie, Jowle (Danslow), Humbert (Benning), Parkinson, Simmonds, Fitzgerald (Gallagher). Subs: Shaw, Jeyaratnan.