Five sent-off as Colney Heath battle to a draw with Cockfosters
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath battled to a point against Cockfosters in an incredible match that saw five red cards.
Three of them went to the Magpies, Jack Woods and Spencer Clarke-Mardel receiving theirs after a scuffle at half-time, while Chris Blunden’s dismissal came after he had bagged the equaliser in the 1-1 draw.
The half-time melee began as the players walked off the pitch amid accusations of spitting by one of the Cockfosters players.
The referee delayed his action until the teams re-emerged with Woods and Clarke-Mardel, as well as the visitors’ Jamie Stephens, all getting straight reds.
Pat Campbell of Cockfosters received a yellow too.
You may also want to watch:
The goals arrived before the next set of cards, Mark Summers scoring first before Blunden finished from a tight angle after being set-up by Dan Westmore.
Summers was then sent off for a second yellow card while Blunden got another straight red after he and Campbell squared up to each other.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 6 Shortages crisis hits district
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 9 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
No action was taken on the Cockfosters man.