Five sent-off as Colney Heath battle to a draw with Cockfosters
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath battled to a point against Cockfosters in an incredible match that saw five red cards.
Three of them went to the Magpies, Jack Woods and Spencer Clarke-Mardel receiving theirs after a scuffle at half-time, while Chris Blunden’s dismissal came after he had bagged the equaliser in the 1-1 draw.
The half-time melee began as the players walked off the pitch amid accusations of spitting by one of the Cockfosters players.
The referee delayed his action until the teams re-emerged with Woods and Clarke-Mardel, as well as the visitors’ Jamie Stephens, all getting straight reds.
Pat Campbell of Cockfosters received a yellow too.
You may also want to watch:
The goals arrived before the next set of cards, Mark Summers scoring first before Blunden finished from a tight angle after being set-up by Dan Westmore.
Summers was then sent off for a second yellow card while Blunden got another straight red after he and Campbell squared up to each other.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
No action was taken on the Cockfosters man.