Five sent-off as Colney Heath battle to a draw with Cockfosters
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath battled to a point against Cockfosters in an incredible match that saw five red cards.
Three of them went to the Magpies, Jack Woods and Spencer Clarke-Mardel receiving theirs after a scuffle at half-time, while Chris Blunden’s dismissal came after he had bagged the equaliser in the 1-1 draw.
The half-time melee began as the players walked off the pitch amid accusations of spitting by one of the Cockfosters players.
The referee delayed his action until the teams re-emerged with Woods and Clarke-Mardel, as well as the visitors’ Jamie Stephens, all getting straight reds.
Pat Campbell of Cockfosters received a yellow too.
The goals arrived before the next set of cards, Mark Summers scoring first before Blunden finished from a tight angle after being set-up by Dan Westmore.
Summers was then sent off for a second yellow card while Blunden got another straight red after he and Campbell squared up to each other.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 7 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 8 'Entertaining and moving' dark comedy After Electra coming to the Abbey Theatre stage
- 9 More harsh truths in the St Albans City dressing room as mistakes cost them at Chippenham
- 10 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
No action was taken on the Cockfosters man.