Fitzgerald fires in third in three games for London Colney
Molten Spartan South Midlands Premier Division London Colney 1 Harefield United 1 LONDON Colney picked up where they left off in their previous match with a strong display at home to Harefield United on Saturday.
Molten Spartan South Midlands Premier Division
London Colney 1 Harefield United 1
LONDON Colney picked up where they left off in their previous match with a strong display at home to Harefield United on Saturday.
The Blueboys, unchanged from the side that hit back from two down to draw against Cockfosters on Tuesday, March 18, were in confident mood and they took on top-six outfit Harefield with relish. Impressive striker Danny Fitzgerald crowned a fine first-half display from Colney with the opening goal before the break, his third in three games and the only disappointment was that the lead was not more secure.
Colney continued to impress in the second half until Harefield began to press forward in the final 15 minutes and nerves set in. Lee Clark eventually broke the Colney resistance with an equaliser on 80 minutes to deny the hosts their third win of the season.
The Blueboys go away to Leverstock Green on Saturday and, with striker Fitzgerald forming a lively attacking partnership with Cain Davey, Colney will hope to maintain their recent upturn in performances.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 3 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 4 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 5 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 6 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 7 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 8 Investigation over unauthorised development on Green Belt site
- 9 Little Women 'generating a big response at Roman Theatre – and rightly so'
- 10 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
London Colney: McHale, Benning, McCafferty, Murphy, Paradise, Butcher, Mitchell, White, Haynes, Davey, Fitzgerald.