Fitzgerald fires in third in three games for London Colney
Molten Spartan South Midlands Premier Division London Colney 1 Harefield United 1 LONDON Colney picked up where they left off in their previous match with a strong display at home to Harefield United on Saturday.
Molten Spartan South Midlands Premier Division
London Colney 1 Harefield United 1
LONDON Colney picked up where they left off in their previous match with a strong display at home to Harefield United on Saturday.
The Blueboys, unchanged from the side that hit back from two down to draw against Cockfosters on Tuesday, March 18, were in confident mood and they took on top-six outfit Harefield with relish. Impressive striker Danny Fitzgerald crowned a fine first-half display from Colney with the opening goal before the break, his third in three games and the only disappointment was that the lead was not more secure.
Colney continued to impress in the second half until Harefield began to press forward in the final 15 minutes and nerves set in. Lee Clark eventually broke the Colney resistance with an equaliser on 80 minutes to deny the hosts their third win of the season.
The Blueboys go away to Leverstock Green on Saturday and, with striker Fitzgerald forming a lively attacking partnership with Cain Davey, Colney will hope to maintain their recent upturn in performances.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 4 Police hunt wanted man with connections to St Albans
- 5 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 6 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 7 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 10 Music line-up confirmed for Pub in the Park 2022 St Albans festival
London Colney: McHale, Benning, McCafferty, Murphy, Paradise, Butcher, Mitchell, White, Haynes, Davey, Fitzgerald.