Fitzgerald fires in third in three games for London Colney
Molten Spartan South Midlands Premier Division London Colney 1 Harefield United 1 LONDON Colney picked up where they left off in their previous match with a strong display at home to Harefield United on Saturday.
Molten Spartan South Midlands Premier Division
London Colney 1 Harefield United 1
LONDON Colney picked up where they left off in their previous match with a strong display at home to Harefield United on Saturday.
The Blueboys, unchanged from the side that hit back from two down to draw against Cockfosters on Tuesday, March 18, were in confident mood and they took on top-six outfit Harefield with relish. Impressive striker Danny Fitzgerald crowned a fine first-half display from Colney with the opening goal before the break, his third in three games and the only disappointment was that the lead was not more secure.
You may also want to watch:
Colney continued to impress in the second half until Harefield began to press forward in the final 15 minutes and nerves set in. Lee Clark eventually broke the Colney resistance with an equaliser on 80 minutes to deny the hosts their third win of the season.
The Blueboys go away to Leverstock Green on Saturday and, with striker Fitzgerald forming a lively attacking partnership with Cain Davey, Colney will hope to maintain their recent upturn in performances.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
London Colney: McHale, Benning, McCafferty, Murphy, Paradise, Butcher, Mitchell, White, Haynes, Davey, Fitzgerald.