Fitzgerald fires in third in three games for London Colney
Molten Spartan South Midlands Premier Division London Colney 1 Harefield United 1 LONDON Colney picked up where they left off in their previous match with a strong display at home to Harefield United on Saturday.
Molten Spartan South Midlands Premier Division
London Colney 1 Harefield United 1
LONDON Colney picked up where they left off in their previous match with a strong display at home to Harefield United on Saturday.
The Blueboys, unchanged from the side that hit back from two down to draw against Cockfosters on Tuesday, March 18, were in confident mood and they took on top-six outfit Harefield with relish. Impressive striker Danny Fitzgerald crowned a fine first-half display from Colney with the opening goal before the break, his third in three games and the only disappointment was that the lead was not more secure.
You may also want to watch:
Colney continued to impress in the second half until Harefield began to press forward in the final 15 minutes and nerves set in. Lee Clark eventually broke the Colney resistance with an equaliser on 80 minutes to deny the hosts their third win of the season.
The Blueboys go away to Leverstock Green on Saturday and, with striker Fitzgerald forming a lively attacking partnership with Cain Davey, Colney will hope to maintain their recent upturn in performances.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 9 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 10 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
London Colney: McHale, Benning, McCafferty, Murphy, Paradise, Butcher, Mitchell, White, Haynes, Davey, Fitzgerald.