First round proper the aim once again for St Albans City in FA Cup
- Credit: Archant
Ian Allinson is hoping St Albans City can repeat their FA Cup heroics of last season.
Saints get this year’s campaign underway tomorrow (Saturday) when they host Cambridge City.
And the manager says the aim is to reach the first round proper again, something they have done in three of the last four seasons.
Carlisle United of Sky Bet League Two ended the run last year in front of a bumper crowd and the BBC cameras at Clarence Park but not before they had been given an almighty fright by St Albans.
Allinson said: “We’ve got to prepare properly because I want to do what we did last year and get to the first round proper and try and draw a Carlisle again.
You may also want to watch:
“That was a fabulous day. There were 3,500 in here and we put a great show on for the people of St Albans and I want to make sure we do that again.”
The City boss though is wary of the threat that the Lilywhites could pose and the potential for any upset.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 8 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 9 St Albans man's charity walk in memory of dad who died following heart attack
- 10 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
“It’ll be a tough game,” he admitted. “They had a slow start to the season but over the last few weeks they’ve picked up and got some good results.
“They’ve got nothing to lose and as we saw against Egham and Dereham Town last year – which were tough games – if we don’t prepare properly, it’ll be another tough game on Saturday.”
Kick-off at Clarence Park is at 3pm.