First place for Striders’ Vets in Bedfordshire
- Credit: Archant
It was a busy weekend for the St Albans Striders with the opening of the club championships at the Chiltern Cross Country League at Keysoe.
Fantastic runs by Martha Hall (23:20), Wendy Webster (23:34), Deborah Steer (23:35), Wendy Walsh (23:40), Jen Conway (24:07), Claire Kremer (24:25) and Liz McKie (24:29) propelled the women’s team to sixth place, with the ladies’ vets team taking first.
For the men, Paul Adams led the way with a time of 28:38, followed by Tom Crouch (29:09), Andy Auld (31:55), Graham Smith (32:21), Jacob Hine (32:39) and John Ockenden (33:19)
The Grand Union Half Marathon had great representation by Striders with Russell Sessions finishing in 1:45, Julianne Nightingale in 1:57 and Rose McGuinness and Nicki Francis in 2:16.
Doug Hobson completed the Stowmarket scenic seven in 45:17.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Brooks and Kathryn Hall took part in the Nice Cannes marathon and ran times of 3:54 and 5:22 respectively.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly