First place for Striders’ Vets in Bedfordshire
- Credit: Archant
It was a busy weekend for the St Albans Striders with the opening of the club championships at the Chiltern Cross Country League at Keysoe.
Fantastic runs by Martha Hall (23:20), Wendy Webster (23:34), Deborah Steer (23:35), Wendy Walsh (23:40), Jen Conway (24:07), Claire Kremer (24:25) and Liz McKie (24:29) propelled the women’s team to sixth place, with the ladies’ vets team taking first.
For the men, Paul Adams led the way with a time of 28:38, followed by Tom Crouch (29:09), Andy Auld (31:55), Graham Smith (32:21), Jacob Hine (32:39) and John Ockenden (33:19)
The Grand Union Half Marathon had great representation by Striders with Russell Sessions finishing in 1:45, Julianne Nightingale in 1:57 and Rose McGuinness and Nicki Francis in 2:16.
Doug Hobson completed the Stowmarket scenic seven in 45:17.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Brooks and Kathryn Hall took part in the Nice Cannes marathon and ran times of 3:54 and 5:22 respectively.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre