First loss of the season for Sandridge
SANDRIDGE fell to a first defeat of the season away at Parkfield & Headstone.
After being inserted on a still damp and difficult wicket, Sandridge’s batsmen failed to show the patience and application needed to score runs.
Despite a decent start with new opener Duncan Ferguson (27) and captain Lennie Peters (28) getting in and looking settled, Sandridge collapsed from 67-2.
Peter Camm (15no) attempted to marshal the lower order but a procession led to an all out total of 109 which was always 30 runs short of a good total in the conditions available.
The Sandridge bowlers needed to bowl straight and disciplined lines but couldn’t find their accuracy to take wickets. Peters (2-28) found a good combination Ferguson (1-27), but four wickets came too late to apply real pressure onto the opposition.
You may also want to watch:
The loss leaves Sandridge in eighth place in the league, 26 points off the top side. Peters’ side will hope to get back to winning ways on Saturday when they welcome Old Cholmeleians.
• SANDRIDGE 2s’ four-game winning streak came to an end with a draw against Parkfield &Headstone 2s.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
Batting first Sandridge made 203-8 from their allotted overs. In reply Parkfield fell well behind the run-rate but managed to bat out for a draw, reaching 109-7 from 47 overs.