First loss of the season for Sandridge
SANDRIDGE fell to a first defeat of the season away at Parkfield & Headstone.
After being inserted on a still damp and difficult wicket, Sandridge’s batsmen failed to show the patience and application needed to score runs.
Despite a decent start with new opener Duncan Ferguson (27) and captain Lennie Peters (28) getting in and looking settled, Sandridge collapsed from 67-2.
Peter Camm (15no) attempted to marshal the lower order but a procession led to an all out total of 109 which was always 30 runs short of a good total in the conditions available.
The Sandridge bowlers needed to bowl straight and disciplined lines but couldn’t find their accuracy to take wickets. Peters (2-28) found a good combination Ferguson (1-27), but four wickets came too late to apply real pressure onto the opposition.
You may also want to watch:
The loss leaves Sandridge in eighth place in the league, 26 points off the top side. Peters’ side will hope to get back to winning ways on Saturday when they welcome Old Cholmeleians.
• SANDRIDGE 2s’ four-game winning streak came to an end with a draw against Parkfield &Headstone 2s.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
Batting first Sandridge made 203-8 from their allotted overs. In reply Parkfield fell well behind the run-rate but managed to bat out for a draw, reaching 109-7 from 47 overs.