First ever Division One win for CoStA
- Credit: Archant
City of St Albans Swimming Club head coach Stewart Melton praised his team after winning Division One of the Peanuts League for the first time ever.
And, to cap a brilliant season for the club, the B team finished top of the pile in Division Two.
Melton said: “To say I’m proud of our Peanuts team would be an understatement. We took on the best in Hertfordshire and came out on top. I want to thank the swimmers, parents and my coaching team. Hard work pays off.”
Held at Hemel Hempstead Swimming Centre, round three of the competition saw CoStA pull away from their closest rivals, Hatfield, at the halfway point, a lead they sustained to lift the title.
When the results of all three rounds were combined, CoStA won the league with 35 points to Hatfield’s 31. Individual wins on the night went to Lucy Coia Bell, Ella Chown, Henry Flatt, Florie Geurts, Ben Muckleston, Jessica Patrick, Lauren Stott, Joshua Trewin and Grace Wylie.
You may also want to watch:
The B team were in Hitchin for the final round in Division Two and went on to win 17 of the races and finish second in 22.
CoStA B team swam their way to success in the final round of the Herts Peanuts League at Hitchin on Saturday 12th July. In the lead from the first quarter with 29 points, Verulam chasing in 2nd place with 36.5, closely followed by Cheshunt with 41, CoStA soon proved invincible, with consistently strong performances from the whole team. The under 11 year old boys won all of their races, individuals and relays, showing their determination and stamina.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
The night ended with a triumphant squadron relay, giving CoStA a 50-point winning margain.
Coach Sarah Stevens said: “The team swam out of their skins to bring an outstanding result.”