Fine West Herts Intermediate Cup success for St Albans City Youth U12 West
- Credit: Archant
A brilliant performance was key as St Albans City Youth U12 West lifted the West Herts Intermediate Cup with a 5-0 win over Sandridge Rovers Stormtroopers.
After a nervy opening for both teams the West’s nerves were settled with Charlie Clark firing into the corner and a mazy dribble.
From there West started to move the ball well and Clark made it two with a calm finish.
He would have had a hat-trick but for a great save by the Rovers’ keeper but goals number three and four soon followed thanks to headers from Cody Smith and Mayar Hajousman.
Sandridge pushed on in the second half but West’s defence stood firm and it soon became five.
You may also want to watch:
It started down the left wing with Lewyn Bullock finding Clark who unselfishly laid it off to Archie Connolly ghosting down the right hand side into space.
And he rifled the ball home to finish off a great move.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Havin a fantastic lunch at new Turkish restaurant