Fine West Herts Intermediate Cup success for St Albans City Youth U12 West
- Credit: Archant
A brilliant performance was key as St Albans City Youth U12 West lifted the West Herts Intermediate Cup with a 5-0 win over Sandridge Rovers Stormtroopers.
After a nervy opening for both teams the West’s nerves were settled with Charlie Clark firing into the corner and a mazy dribble.
From there West started to move the ball well and Clark made it two with a calm finish.
He would have had a hat-trick but for a great save by the Rovers’ keeper but goals number three and four soon followed thanks to headers from Cody Smith and Mayar Hajousman.
Sandridge pushed on in the second half but West’s defence stood firm and it soon became five.
It started down the left wing with Lewyn Bullock finding Clark who unselfishly laid it off to Archie Connolly ghosting down the right hand side into space.
And he rifled the ball home to finish off a great move.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 6 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by