Fine runs and personal bests for St Albans Striders at Standalone 10K
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders latest target race saw them produce some fine results.
A good number from the club headed to the Standalone 10K in Letchworth which was also doubling as the Herts County Championship.
Jonathan Scott was the first Strider to finish, just outside the top 10 in an impressive 35 minutes eight seconds while there was also a PB of 37:05 for Richard Evans.
And with Gareth Parker, Doug Hobson and Jim King all dipping below 38 minutes as well, St Albans placed third in the men's team competition.
Lucy Jones was the club's first female with a new PB of 39:38. She was followed by Jenny Maddocks (41:16), Wendy Walsh (41:56) and Claire Kremer (43:18) with those times showing the men how it should be done and claiming the women's team prize.
You may also want to watch:
And the PBs continued as Nicky Laitner, Ruth Kent and Roger Sant clocked 44:45, 45:18 and 47:06 respectively.
Entries for the 2020 edition of the Fred Hughes 10 mile race are now open with information at https://www.stalbansstriders.com/racing/fred-hughes-10
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space