Fine runs and personal bests for St Albans Striders at Standalone 10K
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders latest target race saw them produce some fine results.
A good number from the club headed to the Standalone 10K in Letchworth which was also doubling as the Herts County Championship.
Jonathan Scott was the first Strider to finish, just outside the top 10 in an impressive 35 minutes eight seconds while there was also a PB of 37:05 for Richard Evans.
And with Gareth Parker, Doug Hobson and Jim King all dipping below 38 minutes as well, St Albans placed third in the men's team competition.
Lucy Jones was the club's first female with a new PB of 39:38. She was followed by Jenny Maddocks (41:16), Wendy Walsh (41:56) and Claire Kremer (43:18) with those times showing the men how it should be done and claiming the women's team prize.
You may also want to watch:
And the PBs continued as Nicky Laitner, Ruth Kent and Roger Sant clocked 44:45, 45:18 and 47:06 respectively.
Entries for the 2020 edition of the Fred Hughes 10 mile race are now open with information at https://www.stalbansstriders.com/racing/fred-hughes-10
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre