Fiesta time for Old Albanian duo as they head to Spain with England Counties
- Credit: Archant
Two players from Old Albanian Rugby Club have been called up to represent England Counties for a tour to Spain.
Prop Haydn King and flanker Harry Bate will join up with the rest of the 26-man squad.
Counties, managed by Matt Long, will play two matches, starting with a trip to San Sebastian to play Euskarians before facing up against Spain XV.
“We’ve worked hard with representatives from each of the counties to select the side and the process has run very smoothly,” said Matt Long, who also predicted a “physical tour” and a “hard test” from the Spaniards.
Old Albanian’s young prop Karl Garside will also represent his country in the U20 squad for a two-match tour of Holland.
You may also want to watch:
He returns to the squad having also been included last year.
U20s team manager Chris Brookes said: “The standard was incredibly high this year which made selection very difficult”.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'