Fiesta time for Old Albanian duo as they head to Spain with England Counties
- Credit: Archant
Two players from Old Albanian Rugby Club have been called up to represent England Counties for a tour to Spain.
Prop Haydn King and flanker Harry Bate will join up with the rest of the 26-man squad.
Counties, managed by Matt Long, will play two matches, starting with a trip to San Sebastian to play Euskarians before facing up against Spain XV.
“We’ve worked hard with representatives from each of the counties to select the side and the process has run very smoothly,” said Matt Long, who also predicted a “physical tour” and a “hard test” from the Spaniards.
Old Albanian’s young prop Karl Garside will also represent his country in the U20 squad for a two-match tour of Holland.
You may also want to watch:
He returns to the squad having also been included last year.
U20s team manager Chris Brookes said: “The standard was incredibly high this year which made selection very difficult”.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 6 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets