Festival of sport heading back to Verulamium Park in St Albans for a fifth year
- Credit: Archant
St Albans’ festival of sport reaches its fifth anniversary on Sunday with organisers expecting another large turnout.
Based at Westminster Lodge and around Verulamium Park, the day offers the option of triathlons, duathlons and aquathlons, as well as running races and events fro children.
Event director Gifty Enright said: "It will once again provide a day long feast of sport and fun for the city with events for every member of the family as well as a sports village and entertainments for spectators and supporters.
Janet Smith, mayor of St Albans, was in full agreement.
She said: "In previous years there has been a wonderful turn out of people taking part in the many sporting events on offer. Once again there will also be a range of events for children also so we expect it to be a great day for the whole family."
You may also want to watch:
For more information and to enter go to www.herculesevents.com
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 5 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 8 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 9 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 10 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes