Festival for student rugby
Rugby clubs are being encouraged to invite their student players back to represent them at the first Hertfordshire Under 23 Student Club Rugby Festival. The event is being held at Old Albanian RFC on Monday, December 22, in an effort to keep students in c
Rugby clubs are being encouraged to invite their student players back to represent them at the first Hertfordshire Under 23 Student Club Rugby Festival.
The event is being held at Old Albanian RFC on Monday, December 22, in an effort to keep students in contact with their clubs while at college or university and have some fun along the way.
"The rugby will be 20-20 style and we are looking at 10 to 15-minute games," said Peter Engledow, the RFU's Hertfordshire rugby development officer.
It's hoped that around 150 to 200 students will take part with the selectors from Herts Under 20, Under 23 and senior sides present, hoping to unearth some hidden talent.
You may also want to watch:
Food and drink will be on offer and it's hoped that this will become an annual rugby festival for the county in support of the RFU's Play On campaign which aims to maintain and develop contact with rugby players in the 16 to 24 age group who may have moved away from home for work or further education.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre