Festival for student rugby
Rugby clubs are being encouraged to invite their student players back to represent them at the first Hertfordshire Under 23 Student Club Rugby Festival. The event is being held at Old Albanian RFC on Monday, December 22, in an effort to keep students in c
Rugby clubs are being encouraged to invite their student players back to represent them at the first Hertfordshire Under 23 Student Club Rugby Festival.
The event is being held at Old Albanian RFC on Monday, December 22, in an effort to keep students in contact with their clubs while at college or university and have some fun along the way.
"The rugby will be 20-20 style and we are looking at 10 to 15-minute games," said Peter Engledow, the RFU's Hertfordshire rugby development officer.
It's hoped that around 150 to 200 students will take part with the selectors from Herts Under 20, Under 23 and senior sides present, hoping to unearth some hidden talent.
You may also want to watch:
Food and drink will be on offer and it's hoped that this will become an annual rugby festival for the county in support of the RFU's Play On campaign which aims to maintain and develop contact with rugby players in the 16 to 24 age group who may have moved away from home for work or further education.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 9 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 10 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'