Feast on cricket tea competition
ORGANISERS of the St Albans Food & Drink Festival are looking for the best cricket tea in the district. Does your team provide a cricket tea to beat all others? Are the home made cakes to die for and the sandwiches perfect? We re looking for the best tea
ORGANISERS of the St Albans Food & Drink Festival are looking for the best cricket tea in the district.
Does your team provide a cricket tea to beat all others? Are the home made cakes to die for and the sandwiches perfect?
We're looking for the best tea made by any club in the City and District and we want to honour those who make them!
On Saturday, July 5, the festival organisers will ask your Cricket Tea Team to provide five extra portions of that day's match tea.
You may also want to watch:
They will collect from the club around 4pm and the best tea will be decided by 22 hungry cricketers at a friendly game being played in Verulamium Park.
The winning club will receive £100 to go towards the youth development and they will also be presented with an all important trophy.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 6 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
Enter the competition by emailing the Food and Drink Festival Director, Phil Jones, with your clubs' name and a daytime contact to email@example.com or call 0161 839 7897 or 0161 834 4312 for more details.