Feast on cricket tea competition
ORGANISERS of the St Albans Food & Drink Festival are looking for the best cricket tea in the district. Does your team provide a cricket tea to beat all others? Are the home made cakes to die for and the sandwiches perfect? We re looking for the best tea
ORGANISERS of the St Albans Food & Drink Festival are looking for the best cricket tea in the district.
Does your team provide a cricket tea to beat all others? Are the home made cakes to die for and the sandwiches perfect?
We're looking for the best tea made by any club in the City and District and we want to honour those who make them!
On Saturday, July 5, the festival organisers will ask your Cricket Tea Team to provide five extra portions of that day's match tea.
You may also want to watch:
They will collect from the club around 4pm and the best tea will be decided by 22 hungry cricketers at a friendly game being played in Verulamium Park.
The winning club will receive £100 to go towards the youth development and they will also be presented with an all important trophy.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 10 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
Enter the competition by emailing the Food and Drink Festival Director, Phil Jones, with your clubs' name and a daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 839 7897 or 0161 834 4312 for more details.