Feast on cricket tea competition
ORGANISERS of the St Albans Food & Drink Festival are looking for the best cricket tea in the district. Does your team provide a cricket tea to beat all others? Are the home made cakes to die for and the sandwiches perfect? We re looking for the best tea
ORGANISERS of the St Albans Food & Drink Festival are looking for the best cricket tea in the district.
Does your team provide a cricket tea to beat all others? Are the home made cakes to die for and the sandwiches perfect?
We're looking for the best tea made by any club in the City and District and we want to honour those who make them!
On Saturday, July 5, the festival organisers will ask your Cricket Tea Team to provide five extra portions of that day's match tea.
They will collect from the club around 4pm and the best tea will be decided by 22 hungry cricketers at a friendly game being played in Verulamium Park.
The winning club will receive £100 to go towards the youth development and they will also be presented with an all important trophy.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
Enter the competition by emailing the Food and Drink Festival Director, Phil Jones, with your clubs' name and a daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 839 7897 or 0161 834 4312 for more details.