Farrar and Tymon-McEwan net top three finishes
ATHLETICS: LAURA Farrar and Alicia Tymon-McEwan both produced podium finishes in exalted company for St Albans AC at the Aviva National Indoor Championships.
Former STAGS pupil Farrar dug deep with a gritty effort to pick up a silver medal in the U20 womens section at the NIA in Birmingham.
Tymon-McEwan, who has stepped up to the U17 category, took bronze in the U17 60m hurdles.
A time of 8.84 secs was a highly respectable given Tymon-McKewan is still building her recovery after an elbow operation.
The competition also saw excellent efforts from Carl Palin (U20 400m) and Luke Yaxley (U17 60m hurdles), who both reached the semi-finals of their events.
You may also want to watch:
Other St Albans athletes taking part at the National Indoor Championships were Christian Gaddes and Jason Tang (both U17 60m hurdles), Tim Buckle (U17 High Jump), Kate Jones (U17 high jump), Lauren Dewar (U17 60m hurdles), Emma Clarke (U15 60m), Laura Nofer and Gemma Haines (U15 60m hurdles) and Alice Townend (U15 shot putt).
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 7 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 8 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty