Fantastic start sends St Albans City Youth U15 Central to a WHYL Challenge Cup victory over Watford
- Credit: Archant
A stunning start from St Albans City Youth U15 Central blew Watford Youth Reds away and saw them clinch the WHYL Challenge Cup with a 4-1 win.
Having suffered two defeats in the league to Watford this season Central looked nervous prior to the game starting but once the whistle went they were anything but.
They raced into a 4-0 lead after just 16 minutes with a barnstorming and focused performance.
Jack Percy fired them ahead from a Calum Cornish cross after three minutes and within a minute Percy turned provider for Josh Penning who placed a great shot over the keeper.
Daniel Onochie-Williams made it three after a typically powerful run and the fourth arrived with Matt Roome crossing for Penning to hit his second.
You may also want to watch:
Watford did get one back in the second half as Central tired in the heat but they were never going to let the lead slip and held strong for a thoroughly deserved win.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 6 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 7 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 8 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 9 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 10 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made