Fantastic start sends St Albans City Youth U15 Central to a WHYL Challenge Cup victory over Watford
- Credit: Archant
A stunning start from St Albans City Youth U15 Central blew Watford Youth Reds away and saw them clinch the WHYL Challenge Cup with a 4-1 win.
Having suffered two defeats in the league to Watford this season Central looked nervous prior to the game starting but once the whistle went they were anything but.
They raced into a 4-0 lead after just 16 minutes with a barnstorming and focused performance.
Jack Percy fired them ahead from a Calum Cornish cross after three minutes and within a minute Percy turned provider for Josh Penning who placed a great shot over the keeper.
Daniel Onochie-Williams made it three after a typically powerful run and the fourth arrived with Matt Roome crossing for Penning to hit his second.
You may also want to watch:
Watford did get one back in the second half as Central tired in the heat but they were never going to let the lead slip and held strong for a thoroughly deserved win.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre