Fantastic start sends St Albans City Youth U15 Central to a WHYL Challenge Cup victory over Watford
- Credit: Archant
A stunning start from St Albans City Youth U15 Central blew Watford Youth Reds away and saw them clinch the WHYL Challenge Cup with a 4-1 win.
Having suffered two defeats in the league to Watford this season Central looked nervous prior to the game starting but once the whistle went they were anything but.
They raced into a 4-0 lead after just 16 minutes with a barnstorming and focused performance.
Jack Percy fired them ahead from a Calum Cornish cross after three minutes and within a minute Percy turned provider for Josh Penning who placed a great shot over the keeper.
Daniel Onochie-Williams made it three after a typically powerful run and the fourth arrived with Matt Roome crossing for Penning to hit his second.
You may also want to watch:
Watford did get one back in the second half as Central tired in the heat but they were never going to let the lead slip and held strong for a thoroughly deserved win.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 10 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire