‘Fantastic commitment’ leads to great success for St Albans District swimmers
- Credit: Archant
St Albans District managed a back-to-back victory at this year’s Herts Secondary Schools Inter-District Swimming Championships held at the Woodside pool in Watford.
The team comprised the top secondary schools swimmers from across the district and managed to win more than half of the 42 events on offer.
Captain’s George Loveman, Claire Burrell and Faith Green led from the front with a number of wins between them.
Standout performances came from Ellie Holliss, Emilia Dunwoodie, Caitlin Hartley, Arvin Joaquin Rodriguez, Isabel Harber, Thomas Cadenhead, George Loveman and Reese Housden.
The inter girls also broke the record for the freestyle relay while the girls won all of the age group trophies at junior, inter and senior with the boys also winning the senior’s.
You may also want to watch:
In total there 33 members and team manager Andrew Ellis praised the “fantastic commitment”.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 5 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 8 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 9 Pupils' brighter walk to school thanks to developer
- 10 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!