‘Fantastic commitment’ leads to great success for St Albans District swimmers
- Credit: Archant
St Albans District managed a back-to-back victory at this year’s Herts Secondary Schools Inter-District Swimming Championships held at the Woodside pool in Watford.
The team comprised the top secondary schools swimmers from across the district and managed to win more than half of the 42 events on offer.
Captain’s George Loveman, Claire Burrell and Faith Green led from the front with a number of wins between them.
Standout performances came from Ellie Holliss, Emilia Dunwoodie, Caitlin Hartley, Arvin Joaquin Rodriguez, Isabel Harber, Thomas Cadenhead, George Loveman and Reese Housden.
The inter girls also broke the record for the freestyle relay while the girls won all of the age group trophies at junior, inter and senior with the boys also winning the senior’s.
You may also want to watch:
In total there 33 members and team manager Andrew Ellis praised the “fantastic commitment”.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 10 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order