Fans forum confirmed
Saints also close to appointing chairman
ST ALBANS City owner Lawrence Levy has confirmed that there will be a fans forum next week allowing fans to meet the new people involved in running the football club.
Levy and joint owner John McGowan will be in attendance and the club hopes to announce their new chairman prior to the event which will take place in the clubhouse at Clarence Park on Friday, June 3.
“A number of discussions have taken place with candidates and the club is hoping to announce in the next week who will be our new chairman,” Mr Levy told the Herts Advertiser.
The new owner has been busy meeting people connected with the club in recent weeks and has held talks with members of the Saints City Trust to discuss the club’s transparency and other issues. Mr Levy also revealed that he met with current boss Steve Castle last week to discuss his plans for the future and he said the talks were positive.
You may also want to watch:
“I met with Steve Castle last week and discussed our visions and our values for the football club and what the club expects from it’s staff and players in terms of desire and commitment,” he explained. “Steve was very upbeat about things and it was a very good meeting.”
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans