Herts Ad Sunday League: Family affair as fathers and sons play in the same side
- Credit: Archant
Sunday League has always had the added bonus of longevity with players carrying on careers when games on a Saturday have dried up – and that brings the added joy of fathers being able to play with sons.
The Herts Ad Sunday League is no different in that respect with numerous instances over the years.
The most famous of them saw ex-Tottenham striker Martin Chivers turn out for Brookmans Park alongside sons Luke and Nick.
Among the many other father and son pairings through the history of the league is Les Crabtree who lined up with son Stuart at Skew Bridge while David and Liam Sykes played many games together back at Brookmans Park
Another long-serving league player was John Rowland who turned out with sons James and Geoff for Church End while Dec McCafferty’s many seasons at London Road saw him play in the same team as Dan and Ben.
You may also want to watch:
One of the more stylish players in the league was John Dixon who played with son Joe in some of his many seasons for Phoenix while another Phoenix man, John Bathurst, played along with son Danny.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park