Falcons dethrone Kings to book their semi-final place
- Credit: Archant
Herts Falcons punched their ticket to the semi-finals of the BBF Cup with an 11-6 win over Oxford Kings.
The Falcons’ bats were hot on Sunday, especially in the fifth inning when they drove in five runs to extend their lead to 9-1.
Seyi Awofadeju and Carlos de León hit back-to-back home runs to close the gap for Oxford but they weren’t able to overcome the costly fifth frame from pitcher Masaharu Egawa.
The Falcons could have scored more but Egawa got himself out of a bases loaded, no-out jam in the seventh and then struck out the team in the ninth.
Robbie Almanzar earned the win for the Falcons. He had to work had for the victory, getting outs with three runners on base in the second innings and two on in the third.
You may also want to watch:
The Falcons will looked to end their six-game skid in the league on July 5 when they travel to Southampton Mustangs for a double-header.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 6 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 7 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 8 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 9 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 10 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made