Falcons dethrone Kings to book their semi-final place
- Credit: Archant
Herts Falcons punched their ticket to the semi-finals of the BBF Cup with an 11-6 win over Oxford Kings.
The Falcons’ bats were hot on Sunday, especially in the fifth inning when they drove in five runs to extend their lead to 9-1.
Seyi Awofadeju and Carlos de León hit back-to-back home runs to close the gap for Oxford but they weren’t able to overcome the costly fifth frame from pitcher Masaharu Egawa.
The Falcons could have scored more but Egawa got himself out of a bases loaded, no-out jam in the seventh and then struck out the team in the ninth.
Robbie Almanzar earned the win for the Falcons. He had to work had for the victory, getting outs with three runners on base in the second innings and two on in the third.
You may also want to watch:
The Falcons will looked to end their six-game skid in the league on July 5 when they travel to Southampton Mustangs for a double-header.
- 1 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 2 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 9 Green light given to new hospital project
- 10 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street