Fabulous trip to Berkhamsted for large contingent of St Albans Striders
- Credit: Archant
The large contingent of St Albans Striders who went to the Berkhamsted Half Marathon produced some of their very best runs.
In total 64 took part in the annual race with a number of them in top form on the notoriously hilly course.
Paul Adams was the first Strider to finish, coming fourth overall while Jonathan Scott was eighth.
Stephen Hosty, Justin Phillipps and Gaetano Basiaco all came inside the top 20 as the men won the team event.
That feat was matched by the women thanks to Ellen Mayes, the first female Strider to finish in 11th, Karen Sheard, Nicky Laitner and Ruthie Martin.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere Seb Rowe, Richard Olney, and Stephen Elkan completed the Tokyo marathon while Jack Brooks was in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Simon Fraser finished in the top 80 at the Cambridge Half.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans