Fabulous trip to Berkhamsted for large contingent of St Albans Striders
- Credit: Archant
The large contingent of St Albans Striders who went to the Berkhamsted Half Marathon produced some of their very best runs.
In total 64 took part in the annual race with a number of them in top form on the notoriously hilly course.
Paul Adams was the first Strider to finish, coming fourth overall while Jonathan Scott was eighth.
Stephen Hosty, Justin Phillipps and Gaetano Basiaco all came inside the top 20 as the men won the team event.
That feat was matched by the women thanks to Ellen Mayes, the first female Strider to finish in 11th, Karen Sheard, Nicky Laitner and Ruthie Martin.
Elsewhere Seb Rowe, Richard Olney, and Stephen Elkan completed the Tokyo marathon while Jack Brooks was in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Simon Fraser finished in the top 80 at the Cambridge Half.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report