Fabulous trip to Berkhamsted for large contingent of St Albans Striders
- Credit: Archant
The large contingent of St Albans Striders who went to the Berkhamsted Half Marathon produced some of their very best runs.
In total 64 took part in the annual race with a number of them in top form on the notoriously hilly course.
Paul Adams was the first Strider to finish, coming fourth overall while Jonathan Scott was eighth.
Stephen Hosty, Justin Phillipps and Gaetano Basiaco all came inside the top 20 as the men won the team event.
That feat was matched by the women thanks to Ellen Mayes, the first female Strider to finish in 11th, Karen Sheard, Nicky Laitner and Ruthie Martin.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere Seb Rowe, Richard Olney, and Stephen Elkan completed the Tokyo marathon while Jack Brooks was in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Simon Fraser finished in the top 80 at the Cambridge Half.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district