FA Vase sends Harpenden Town away while Colney Heath enjoy home comforts
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath will be at home but there’s an away trip for Harpenden Town looming after the draw for the early rounds of the FA Vase were revealed.
The Magpies face fellow Spartan South Midlands League outfit Harefield United while Harps have to go to Combined Counties Premier Division North Greenford United.
These matches will be played on Saturday, September 9.
Should they both win, they will both be away.
Heath would go to Hadley or Milton United while Town would visit Hillingdon Borough or Marston Shelton Rovers.
They will be played on Saturday, September 27.
And despite London Colney’s troubles earlier this summer, they are exempt until the first round proper thanks to their first place in SSML Premier Division last season.
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 3 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 4 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 5 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
- 6 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 7 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 8 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 9 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
- 10 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
That match will be played on October 21.
The Blueboys do start early in the FA Cup with a trip to Highworth Town in the extra preliminary round.
Marlowwould be the visitors in the next round should they win.
Harpenden Town’s away day blues continued in the FA Cup after they were paired at Southall.
But win and they will finally be at Rothamsted Park with SSML rivals Langford or Hadley the visitors.
Colney Heath’s FA Cup adventure starts at home to Tring Athletic with a home game against Shortwood United the prize for victory.
St Albans City don’t come into the competition until the second qualifying round.