FA Vase run gathers pace for Harpenden Town
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town are confident they can keep their run in the FA Vase going after victory over Hillingdon Borough.
The 3-0 win at the SSML Division One side put them into the first round proper where they were paired with Langford, another side from the division directly below.
It took three second-half goals from Matt Sutton, James Ewington and Kyle McLeish to secure the win over Hillingdon but Harpenden could, and probably should, have wrapped the game up by half time.
The one downside is the growing list of injuries which was added to by knocks to Dwayne Duncan, David Keenleyside, Phil Smeeton and Sam Jenkins.
Manager Danny Plumb said: “It was good to get through to the next round but I was disappointed with the first half when we should have been more forceful.”
You may also want to watch:
Town go to Aston Clinton in the League Challenge Trophy on Saturday.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 8 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 9 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space