FA Vase run gathers pace for Harpenden Town
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town are confident they can keep their run in the FA Vase going after victory over Hillingdon Borough.
The 3-0 win at the SSML Division One side put them into the first round proper where they were paired with Langford, another side from the division directly below.
It took three second-half goals from Matt Sutton, James Ewington and Kyle McLeish to secure the win over Hillingdon but Harpenden could, and probably should, have wrapped the game up by half time.
The one downside is the growing list of injuries which was added to by knocks to Dwayne Duncan, David Keenleyside, Phil Smeeton and Sam Jenkins.
Manager Danny Plumb said: “It was good to get through to the next round but I was disappointed with the first half when we should have been more forceful.”
Town go to Aston Clinton in the League Challenge Trophy on Saturday.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 4 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 10 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close