FA Vase run gathers pace for Harpenden Town
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town are confident they can keep their run in the FA Vase going after victory over Hillingdon Borough.
The 3-0 win at the SSML Division One side put them into the first round proper where they were paired with Langford, another side from the division directly below.
It took three second-half goals from Matt Sutton, James Ewington and Kyle McLeish to secure the win over Hillingdon but Harpenden could, and probably should, have wrapped the game up by half time.
The one downside is the growing list of injuries which was added to by knocks to Dwayne Duncan, David Keenleyside, Phil Smeeton and Sam Jenkins.
Manager Danny Plumb said: “It was good to get through to the next round but I was disappointed with the first half when we should have been more forceful.”
You may also want to watch:
Town go to Aston Clinton in the League Challenge Trophy on Saturday.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 10 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years