FA Vase defeat for Heath
Second half goals end Heath’s Wembley dream
COLNEY Heath suffered their second cup defeat in seven days after a 2-1 defeat to Hullbridge Sports in the FA Vase.
The Magpies exited the FA Cup last week losing 1-0 to Brentwood but started brightly against their Essex Senior League hosts. Despite having the wind in their favour Colney Heath couldn’t make the breakthrough and a tame first half ended goalless.
The home side broke the deadlock in the 62nd minute when Craig Gillam flicked Elliott Wells’ pass into the path of Jordan Williams who finished confidently across Tom Blackman and inside the bottom corner of the net.
The Magpies’ task was made even harder when the visitors were penalised for handling in the box and Julian Simon-Parson converted to double Hullbridge’s advantage.
You may also want to watch:
With just five minutes left Ian Cooper intercepted a weak backpass to round the home ‘keeper and roll the ball into the empty net but it proved too little too late for Heath as they bowed out of the Vase.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly