FA Vase defeat for Heath
Second half goals end Heath’s Wembley dream
COLNEY Heath suffered their second cup defeat in seven days after a 2-1 defeat to Hullbridge Sports in the FA Vase.
The Magpies exited the FA Cup last week losing 1-0 to Brentwood but started brightly against their Essex Senior League hosts. Despite having the wind in their favour Colney Heath couldn’t make the breakthrough and a tame first half ended goalless.
The home side broke the deadlock in the 62nd minute when Craig Gillam flicked Elliott Wells’ pass into the path of Jordan Williams who finished confidently across Tom Blackman and inside the bottom corner of the net.
The Magpies’ task was made even harder when the visitors were penalised for handling in the box and Julian Simon-Parson converted to double Hullbridge’s advantage.
With just five minutes left Ian Cooper intercepted a weak backpass to round the home ‘keeper and roll the ball into the empty net but it proved too little too late for Heath as they bowed out of the Vase.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 9 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 10 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep