FA need time to decide outcome of non-league football season
- Credit: DANNY LOO
The FA says they will need time to untangle and analyse the voting intentions of non-elite, non-league football clubs before they decide the outcome of the current season.
The survey they sent out attracted almost total responses from clubs in the Southern, Isthmian and Northern Premier leagues and 95.8 per cent of clubs at steps five and six of the non-league pyramid.
And that response means there is plenty to think about before deciding if the league will carry on in some format or be declared null and void for the second successive season.
The FA said: "Our alliance and leagues committees now have a large amount of data and information to consider before determining a proposed way forward.
"Ultimately any proposal made by the committees will be put to our council for consideration. The council will then make any final decision on a way forward.
"The alliance and leagues committees recognise the desire for clubs to be updated whilst these issues are being carefully considered.
"Therefore, both committees commit to providing updates to leagues and clubs as the process progresses; and remain mindful of the difficulties faced by clubs at present."
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 3 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 4 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 5 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans