FA hearing adjouned
Saints will have to wait until January to learn their fate
THE Football Association has adjourned its hearing into payments made to players by St Albans City until the New Year.
It was understood the Saints would find out their fate today (Wednesday) but the FA has adjourned the hearing until Thursday, January 20.
The FA wouldn’t reveal why the hearing has been put back, with a spokesman telling the Herts Advertiser: “No specific reasons have been given for the adjournment.”
The FA had originally anticipated bringing an end to their enquiry by November.
You may also want to watch:
When the news initially broke about the investigation the club reacted by issuing a statement which claimed they had met with the Football Association to deal with “some procedural matters relating to the 2008/2009 season”.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 9 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash