FA hearing adjouned
Saints will have to wait until January to learn their fate
THE Football Association has adjourned its hearing into payments made to players by St Albans City until the New Year.
It was understood the Saints would find out their fate today (Wednesday) but the FA has adjourned the hearing until Thursday, January 20.
The FA wouldn’t reveal why the hearing has been put back, with a spokesman telling the Herts Advertiser: “No specific reasons have been given for the adjournment.”
The FA had originally anticipated bringing an end to their enquiry by November.
You may also want to watch:
When the news initially broke about the investigation the club reacted by issuing a statement which claimed they had met with the Football Association to deal with “some procedural matters relating to the 2008/2009 season”.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans