St Albans City back at home following the draw for the third qualifying round of the FA Cup
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
St Albans City will be back at home after the draw for the third qualifying round of the FA Cup was made.
Saints will host Mickleover with the Derby-based side making the trip to Clarence Park on Tuesday, October 13.
They reached this stage with a 5-0 win against Hitchin Town on Saturday, a victory that come courtesy of a double from Shaun Jeffers plus one each for Zane Banton, Joe Chidyausiku and an own goal.
Mickleover, who play in the Northern Premier League Premier Division, one level below City, have played two games so far.
They beat Leek Town 2-1 in the first qualifying round before seeing off Newark Flowserve on Saturday with a 4-1 success.
You may also want to watch:
The winners of each tie in this round get £5,625 in prize money while the losers walk away with £1,875.
Each match will be decided on the night with no extra-time and penalties if the scores are level after 90 minutes.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 9 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land