St Albans City back at home following the draw for the third qualifying round of the FA Cup
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
St Albans City will be back at home after the draw for the third qualifying round of the FA Cup was made.
Saints will host Mickleover with the Derby-based side making the trip to Clarence Park on Tuesday, October 13.
They reached this stage with a 5-0 win against Hitchin Town on Saturday, a victory that come courtesy of a double from Shaun Jeffers plus one each for Zane Banton, Joe Chidyausiku and an own goal.
Mickleover, who play in the Northern Premier League Premier Division, one level below City, have played two games so far.
They beat Leek Town 2-1 in the first qualifying round before seeing off Newark Flowserve on Saturday with a 4-1 success.
You may also want to watch:
The winners of each tie in this round get £5,625 in prize money while the losers walk away with £1,875.
Each match will be decided on the night with no extra-time and penalties if the scores are level after 90 minutes.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works