FA Cup: St Albans City 1 Corinthian Casuals 1 - player ratings
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City finally got FA Cup campaign started with their much-delayed clash against Corinthian Casuals. Read how Herts Advertiser’s NEIL METCALFE rated the players at Clarence Park.
St Albans City:
Dean Snedker: 7 – Couple of big saves and looks to be full of confidence again. Kept City in it at times although there was one nervy moment in the second half.
Ben Herd: 7 – Worked hard down the right and for big parts of the game he looked like the main St Albans creative threat.
Tom Bender: 6 – Mr Dependable, this was another consistent performance from him. Clearly relishing his central defensive role and was a rock when the ball was in the air. Could do nothing about the goal.
You may also want to watch:
David Noble: 6 – Plenty of the ball but failed to find that killer ball. Struggled with the delivery of set-pieces too.
Lewis Knight: 7 – A commanding presence in the air at the back. Growing in stature with every game and making that position in the middle of the defence his own.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
David Diedhiou: 6 – Never looks in trouble and that was the same again tonight.
Ben Wyatt: 6 – Not the usual driving force in the first half but still got forward to good effect.
Solomon Sambou: 6 – Got forward a few times on Saturday but was a bit more reserved tonight. Defended solidly and had to when Corinthians looked impressive early on.
Sam Merson: 5 – Two glorious chances spurned in the first half. No doubting his work rate but confidence must be lacking as on form he would have buried them.
David Moyo: 7 – Another solid game. Johnny on the spot for his goal and worked incredibly hard as usual.
Zane Banton: 6 – First start in a while and may have contributed to his performance. That said you could see his desire to impress as he covered every blade of grass.
71’ Percy Kiangebeni (6) on for Zane Banton.
72’ Ralston Gabriel (6) on for Sam Merson.
87’ Khale Da Costa (n/a) on for David Noble.