FA Cup: Saints drawn away at Hayes
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have been drawn away at Hayes and Yeading in the second qualifying round of the FA Cup.
The tie will be played on September 27, kick-off 3pm.
It is the second time this season that the teams will have faced-off. On the opening day of the season, City were beaten 1-0 by Phil Babbs’ side at Clarence Park.
St Albans’ joint managers James Gray and Graham Golds will be hoping for another remarkable run in the competition after reaching the first round proper last year.
The Saints beat Ryman Premier sides Enfield Town and Billericay Town in the first and second qualifying rounds respectively before dumping higher league opponents Tonbridge Angels out of the competition. They then went to Kent and beat Chatham Town in front of a strong away support to set up a tie with League Two Mansfield in the first round proper.
You may also want to watch:
Darren Locke gave the Saints an unbelievable start with an eighth minute goal but the Stags showed their class and took advantage of tired legs to run out 8-1 winner. The game was the highest attended match of the year at Clarence Park as 3,521 fans packed out the stands.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly