FA Cup: Saints draw Chatham Town
St Albans City avoided higher league opposition in the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup as they were drawn away against Chatham Town.
The tie will be played at The Sports Ground in Kent on October 26.
Chatham play in Division One of the Ryman League, one league below St Albans City in the football pyramid.
The Saints will be heavily favoured heading into the tie having beaten Conference South side Tonbridge Angels in the third qualifying round. And a look at Chatham’s league form further emphasises the point.
The Chats have won just three games from 10 in the league this year, although their wins were comfortable - they beat Tilbury 3-1, Erith & Belvedere 4-0 and Ware 1-0 – and the losses were all relatively close.
You may also want to watch:
Their cup form has been good, though. In October they progressed in the FA Cup, beating fellow Ryman League Division One outfit Horsham 1-0 in the third qualifying round, and Roberts DYAS League Cup.
Still, the draw offers St Albans City a fantastic opportunity to reach the first round proper of the FA Cup.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 8 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 9 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire