FA Cup: Saints draw Chatham Town
St Albans City avoided higher league opposition in the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup as they were drawn away against Chatham Town.
The tie will be played at The Sports Ground in Kent on October 26.
Chatham play in Division One of the Ryman League, one league below St Albans City in the football pyramid.
The Saints will be heavily favoured heading into the tie having beaten Conference South side Tonbridge Angels in the third qualifying round. And a look at Chatham’s league form further emphasises the point.
The Chats have won just three games from 10 in the league this year, although their wins were comfortable - they beat Tilbury 3-1, Erith & Belvedere 4-0 and Ware 1-0 – and the losses were all relatively close.
You may also want to watch:
Their cup form has been good, though. In October they progressed in the FA Cup, beating fellow Ryman League Division One outfit Horsham 1-0 in the third qualifying round, and Roberts DYAS League Cup.
Still, the draw offers St Albans City a fantastic opportunity to reach the first round proper of the FA Cup.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 A New York state of mind