FA Cup defeat ends London Colney’s unbeaten start
- Credit: Archant
London Colney’s unbeaten start to the season ended with a disappointing 1-0 defeat at Hadley sending them out of the FA Cup.
Despite sitting at the lower end of the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division, Hadley were a real tough nut to crack and the Blueboys never really got going.
Injuries to Greg Shaw and Jack Woods early on didn’t help although Hadley’s winner was a kick in the teeth, coming four minutes into first-half injury time.
Ivan Machado got it, cutting in from the right wing into space and striking a real sizzler into the top left corner of the net.
He had already hit the post in the first period and Hadley could have easily extended their advantgae with chances for Zaine Gangadeen, Dominic Petrucci and Ibrahim Lukulay all going close.
You may also want to watch:
Colney’s chances were limited.
Russell Gallagher had a drive safely gathered at the near post by Charlie Mann while another Gallagher effort deflected wide of the post.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 9 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
Spencer Clarke-Mardel had two very good chances in the second half, both of which went wide and Ashley Morrissey shot just over as the Blueboys won a succession of corner kicks late on.
It wasn’t enough though to bring an equaliser and Hadley will now face Kings Langley in the second qualifying round.
Colney face Stotfold in the Dudley Latham Memorial Cup tomorrow (Tuesday) before going to Hoddesdon Town on Saturday in the league.