FA Cup: Colney Heath progress
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath finally got their season started with a positive result against Southend Manor in the FA Cup extra preliminary round.
In a feisty encounter, Southend took the lead when Heath conceded possession in their own half and the centre forward made the most of the opportunity.
A quick response was required and Heath won a penalty as Welsh burst into the area and was fouled as he was about to deliver a cross. Standen converted via the hands of the keeper.
As the crowd waited for the half time whistle, the ball ran through to Clarke, whose smart finish put the Magpies into the lead.
It was a quiet start to the second half but the game sparked into life as Manor equalised and who then looked very dangerous on the counter attack.
You may also want to watch:
The Magpies slowly took control and on 90 minutes finally won the game as Eames made himself a bit space on the edge of the box and unleashed a fierce shot on goal, which hit McGrandles on the back, and nestled onto the bottom corner, sparking celebrations all round the ground.
The Magpies are now away v Bowers & Pitsea on Saturday 30th August on the next round.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 10 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill