FA Cup: Blueboys hit Woodbridge for six
- Credit: Archant
A dominant opening 30 minutes saw London Colney past Woodbridge Town and into the preliminary round of the FA Cup as they ran out 6-0 winners.
The Blueboys shocked Woodbridge with four goals in the first half an hour before they eased into the next round.
Early in the game Harry Sedgley had two chances to to put Colney in front but he missed the first and the second was saved by Luke Kingham-Jones
On 11 minutes the Blueboys took the lead when a long ball over the top from Tom Smith saw Jimmy Hartley latch onto it and race clear into the box and stroke the ball past Kingham-Jones.
Soon it was 2-0 when Dan Pwoer, well out on the right wing, sent over a curling cross-cum-shot that beat the goalkeeper. On 21 minutes the scoreline became 3-0 when Warner put in an inch-perfect cross for Spencer Clarke-Mardel to smash home.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors tried to hit back and Aaron Greenwood went close with a low drive that flew past Jack Smith’s right hand post.
The Blueboys then struck again to make it 4-0 when a Greg Shaw free kick out on the right was headed across goal by Warner and Hartly poked it home.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
In the second half Hartley completed his hat-trick when he cut out a square pass across the Woodbridge box and, with Kingham-Jones coming off his line, he placed his shot past him and into the back of the net via the inside of the right hand post to make it 5-0. The Blueboys continued to press and in the 72th minute Martin Collins side stepped past a defender and blasted the ball into the roof of the net.
The Blueboys meet Maldon & Tiptree in the next round away.
This Wednesday evening they are away AFC Dunstable and on Saturday they are at home to Holmer Green. The following Tuesday they are at home again to Berkhamsted.