Exiles put four past Stevenage
EHL Division 4SW Stevenage 0 Exiles 4 The Exiles took to the pitch against a youthful Stevenage side knowing that promotion had already been secured. James Cowan s strong run down the right wing saw a pass into John Pierce in the D. He was able to off loa
EHL Division 4SW
Stevenage 0 Exiles 4
The Exiles took to the pitch against a youthful Stevenage side knowing that promotion had already been secured.
James Cowan's strong run down the right wing saw a pass into John Pierce in the D. He was able to off load the ball to Mark Lister who made no mistake from 10 yards.
You may also want to watch:
Exiles turned round at half time with a slender 1-0 lead, but were buoyed by the appearance of Simon White, who made an immediate impact to the game.
With only five minutes of the second half played, the Exiles doubled their lead.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
Some good interplay between Nick James and Chris Ellis saw a cross field ball at the stick of James Cowan, who fired past the goalkeeper to double the lead.
It soon became 3-0 when an Exiles penalty corner was mis-hit, and it was only the quick thinking of Graham Dill, who took the ball out of the D before passing to White who fired home.
Exiles made it 4-0 when Cowan scored again.
Exiles: J Fretter, J Bird, B Allen, S Winter, C Ellins, P Dorsett, M Lister (Capt), G Dill, J Pierce, M Jones, S White, J Cowan, N James