Exiles put four past Stevenage
EHL Division 4SW Stevenage 0 Exiles 4 The Exiles took to the pitch against a youthful Stevenage side knowing that promotion had already been secured. James Cowan s strong run down the right wing saw a pass into John Pierce in the D. He was able to off loa
EHL Division 4SW
Stevenage 0 Exiles 4
The Exiles took to the pitch against a youthful Stevenage side knowing that promotion had already been secured.
James Cowan's strong run down the right wing saw a pass into John Pierce in the D. He was able to off load the ball to Mark Lister who made no mistake from 10 yards.
Exiles turned round at half time with a slender 1-0 lead, but were buoyed by the appearance of Simon White, who made an immediate impact to the game.
With only five minutes of the second half played, the Exiles doubled their lead.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 8 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Author's new book explores mental health during the pandemic
Some good interplay between Nick James and Chris Ellis saw a cross field ball at the stick of James Cowan, who fired past the goalkeeper to double the lead.
It soon became 3-0 when an Exiles penalty corner was mis-hit, and it was only the quick thinking of Graham Dill, who took the ball out of the D before passing to White who fired home.
Exiles made it 4-0 when Cowan scored again.
Exiles: J Fretter, J Bird, B Allen, S Winter, C Ellins, P Dorsett, M Lister (Capt), G Dill, J Pierce, M Jones, S White, J Cowan, N James