Exiles put four past Stevenage
EHL Division 4SW Stevenage 0 Exiles 4 The Exiles took to the pitch against a youthful Stevenage side knowing that promotion had already been secured. James Cowan s strong run down the right wing saw a pass into John Pierce in the D. He was able to off loa
EHL Division 4SW
Stevenage 0 Exiles 4
The Exiles took to the pitch against a youthful Stevenage side knowing that promotion had already been secured.
James Cowan's strong run down the right wing saw a pass into John Pierce in the D. He was able to off load the ball to Mark Lister who made no mistake from 10 yards.
You may also want to watch:
Exiles turned round at half time with a slender 1-0 lead, but were buoyed by the appearance of Simon White, who made an immediate impact to the game.
With only five minutes of the second half played, the Exiles doubled their lead.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
Some good interplay between Nick James and Chris Ellis saw a cross field ball at the stick of James Cowan, who fired past the goalkeeper to double the lead.
It soon became 3-0 when an Exiles penalty corner was mis-hit, and it was only the quick thinking of Graham Dill, who took the ball out of the D before passing to White who fired home.
Exiles made it 4-0 when Cowan scored again.
Exiles: J Fretter, J Bird, B Allen, S Winter, C Ellins, P Dorsett, M Lister (Capt), G Dill, J Pierce, M Jones, S White, J Cowan, N James