Exciting future predicted as St Albans Judo Club heads to a new home
- Credit: Archant
It’s out with the old and in with the new for St Albans Judo Club as they prepare for life in a new home.
After 35 years at the Ariston Works site, they have completed their final session in their former dojo and opened a new venue at Batchwood Golf and Sports Centre.
Ninety judo players, ranging from five-year-old beginners to more senior black belts, attended the final session, which was overseen by chief instructor Andrew Paveley and his coaching team.
Also present were several former members, some of whom had been present at the opening night of the Heathlands Drive venue.
The switch is far from a downgrade, as they will be moving into a new purpose built setup.
You may also want to watch:
And while it was an emotional night, the judo club is excited for the future with classes now run on weekday evenings.
For details email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital