Exciting future predicted as St Albans Judo Club heads to a new home
- Credit: Archant
It’s out with the old and in with the new for St Albans Judo Club as they prepare for life in a new home.
After 35 years at the Ariston Works site, they have completed their final session in their former dojo and opened a new venue at Batchwood Golf and Sports Centre.
Ninety judo players, ranging from five-year-old beginners to more senior black belts, attended the final session, which was overseen by chief instructor Andrew Paveley and his coaching team.
Also present were several former members, some of whom had been present at the opening night of the Heathlands Drive venue.
The switch is far from a downgrade, as they will be moving into a new purpose built setup.
You may also want to watch:
And while it was an emotional night, the judo club is excited for the future with classes now run on weekday evenings.
For details email email@example.com
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 6 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 7 Area Guide: The Childwickbury estate explored
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 10 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme