EX-PGA champion Drummond wins Jamega Tour event in Harpenden
FORMER PGA champion Scott Drummond won his first tournament since lifting the prestigious Major trophy at Wentworth eight years ago when he claimed the Jamega Tour event held at Aldwickbury Park Golf Club last week.
The 38-year-old, who was European Tour Rookie of the Year in 2004, carded an impressive seven-under-par round on the Park Course at Aldwickbury Park.
There was widespread praise for the course in Harpenden from both players and organisers of the Jamega Tour – the first stepping stone in tournament golf and a feeder to the European Challenge Tour, the second tier of the lucrative European Tour.
Drummond (pictured) finished three shots ahead of Nick Flynn and David James, who both picked up cheques for �1,750, while the winner walked away �3,000 richer.
This was the second year in succession that Aldwickbury Park has hosted this event and orgnisers are planning to return next year.
You may also want to watch:
Tony Jones, tournament director, said: “Despite the atrocious weather conditions over the week before the tournament the course was in very good condition, far better than we anticipated. Stuart Langhorn (Aldwickbury Park course manager) is one of the best around and he and his staff did an excellent job.”
He added: “All the players who contest our tournaments are high class professionals and many have played on the European Tour, but they haven’t been able to tear Aldwickbury Park apart.”
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team