Ex-Norwich, Reading and QPR striker signs for St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have signed former Norwich City, Reading and Queens Park Rangers frontman Jamie Cureton.
The 41-year-old, who has scored over 200 goals in the football league, goes straight into the Saints squad to face Margate in tomorrow’s (Saturday) Vanarama National League South clash at Hartsdown Park.
Cureton’s last club was Eastleigh in the National League and City boss Ian Allinson moved quickly following his release.
Allinson said: “Jamie has always been a goalscorer and when he became available I had no doubt in my mind that I wanted to bring him to Clarence Park and strengthen the squad as we go into a busy period.
“We have had to beat off competition from a number of different clubs to secure Jamie’s signature and I would like to thank the owners for backing me with this deal.”
You may also want to watch:
The player himself tweeted earlier this morning: “Very close to sorting out my future exciting times #football #goals #ageisjustanumber.”
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 6 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets