Ex-Norwich, Reading and QPR striker signs for St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have signed former Norwich City, Reading and Queens Park Rangers frontman Jamie Cureton.
The 41-year-old, who has scored over 200 goals in the football league, goes straight into the Saints squad to face Margate in tomorrow’s (Saturday) Vanarama National League South clash at Hartsdown Park.
Cureton’s last club was Eastleigh in the National League and City boss Ian Allinson moved quickly following his release.
Allinson said: “Jamie has always been a goalscorer and when he became available I had no doubt in my mind that I wanted to bring him to Clarence Park and strengthen the squad as we go into a busy period.
“We have had to beat off competition from a number of different clubs to secure Jamie’s signature and I would like to thank the owners for backing me with this deal.”
You may also want to watch:
The player himself tweeted earlier this morning: “Very close to sorting out my future exciting times #football #goals #ageisjustanumber.”
- 1 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Area Guide: The Childwickbury estate explored
- 5 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 6 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 7 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London